In this short and concise course you will get an introduction to everything you need to get set up for creating a video recording from home, your office or your workshop.
I will show you exactly what you need and how to set things up.
I will give you some tools and tips on how to get more relaxed in front of the camera and how to connect better with your audience.
This is an online course that you can do in your own time, wherever you are.
This course is perfect to send out to your conference delegates who now need to go on video instead of the stage.
Get in touch if you need access for a group on:
“We wanted to prepare our PhD students for a conference which had to move online due to the Corona pandemic and we offered them parts of the Vlog Academy course ONLINE VIDEO COMMUNICATION. While filming their videos, which was a new experience ...”→Read More
“We wanted to prepare our PhD students for a conference which had to move online due to the Corona pandemic and we offered them parts of the Vlog Academy course ONLINE VIDEO COMMUNICATION. While filming their videos, which was a new experience for most of them, the course helped them with the setup and allowed them to move forward to a higher quality video. Probably more conferences around the world will be taking place online in the future, and we feel this course can contribute to equip our students and colleagues with more confidence to take part on the international scene where we want to place our research. I can highly recommend the course to other scholars who need to adapt their presentations when communication goes digital. Charlotte Löfqvist, Associate Professor, Lund University, Sweden”→Read Less
This is for beginners as well as those who need to know a bit more about equipment, setup and getting relaxed in front of the camera.
- Welcome to the course!
- About Mi Elfverson, your teacher
- Hello and welcome!
- WELCOME TO MODULE 1
- MODULE 1) EQUIPMENT AND SETUP
- Intro to Module 1
- What camera should you film on?
- 5 x Top Tip pieces of equipment
- Your video stand/tripod
- Raising your laptop to eye level
- Bluetooth Remote
- Video Lights
- LED light panel
- Daylight Filming in Livingroom
- Example setup by desk
- Making your background look professional
- Using a coloured backdrop
- Example Setup by armchair
- Example setup for computer/webcam
- Have you joined The Vlog Hub yet?
- Join The Vlog Hub!
- WELCOME TO MODULE 2
- MODULE 2) FILMING AND STRATEGY
- Your eyes are the windows to your soul
- Where do you look?
- Where is the lens?
- Let there be light
- What happens when you stand in front of a window
- Be eye level with the lens
- Turn your phone horizontally when filming
- Don't turn your phone when you're doing Facebook Live
- Composition for Selfie filming
- How long should a video be?
- Your Video Planner
- The Video Planner
- Your weekly videos
- Videos to create
- WELCOME TO MODULE 3
- MODULE 3) CONFIDENCE AND CONNECTION
- Be your best!
- Your Video Avatar
- The viewer is an individual
- Stay aligned with your brand
- Watch yourself back
- Practice for progress
- The End!